Helping Yourself With Homeopathy
aka, I Think its Working….
In this seemingly endless flu season, I have been very busy with acute care calls. Depending on the weather, the remedies people need have been different. With the below zero temps, the remedy people first needed for flu symptoms was Aconite. That is, a high temperature that elevated very quickly. With warmer temps, less Aconite, more Mercurius at first, which appears as body aches and alternating temperatures between feeling warm and feeling cold. Blankets off. Blankets on.
I also get calls or messages from people who have tried to treat themselves and aren’t sure if it is working or not.
So I ask a few questions. I check to see if they have given enough doses.
Here are a few points to help keep you on track:
- If you THINK it’s working, but you aren’t sure, it probably isn’t. (Sometimes with babies it is hard to know, but they should be happier, even if the fever is still present.)
- If you think that the disease didn’t last as long from an acute remedy, but you noticed nothing different in terms of how you are feeling, then it was the wrong remedy.
- When you have the right remedy for an acute illness, it is pretty apparent whether it is working or not.
- Don’t repeat remedies if you are feeling better.
- If you feel you have plateaued and you haven’t improved in a couple of hours, repeat.
- If you have new symptoms, find a new remedy.
Here is my standard schedule for dosing for acute illnesses like coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms. This does not apply to diarrhea or vomiting.
Here is my standard dosing schedule for diarrhea and vomiting:
- Give a dose after each incidence of diarrhea or vomiting.
- If the time between occurrences hasn’t increased by the third dose, find a different remedy.
Sometimes it is hard to know what questions to ask. Did you know that the Lotus Homeopathy website has a whole list of questions that you can answer? It will be very helpful if you answer these questions BEFORE calling for help or looking for a remedy on your own. You can get to it by clicking this link.
Remember, if you need help, please call. 651-748-1556. The sooner you call, the sooner you will get well. Don’t worry about disturbing me. If I can’t answer, I won’t.
3,840 total views, 6 views today